Thursday, April 7, 2011

Post-anniv Dinner Date at Café d'Asie

Mamee (yes, that's how we spell it!) treated me to a buffet at Café d'Asie, Bellevue Manila last April 4 as post-celebration of our second wedding anniversary. Technically, this was the first time I experienced eating in an international buffet at a first class hotel. For a relatively picky eater like me, there were lots of options to choose from -- Japanese, Mexican, vegan, and an assortment of sweets. The buffet table was a feast to the eyes. 

Although I think I wasn't able to maximize the food, it was still a great experience for two reasons. First, it was time well-spent with my wife after a very busy week at work. Second, we were able to avail the full buffet with unlimited iced tea for only PhP650 per head (half of its original price) courtesy of Ensogo.

The buffet table
Happy 2nd Anniversary, my wife!
03-28-09

When I look back, I realized where I went wrong. I went overboard on my first plate by filling it with rice. I did enjoy the first serving since the food was really great plus I was very hungry (I came from Los Baños and went straight to Alabang). However, by the time I was done with my second plate, I was already too full to enjoy the tempting desserts.

Plate 1: Superb and filling. The sweet and sour shrimp was the best.
A sweet encounter indeed.

As much as I want to eat more, I just can't. I was too bloated and I don't think my stomach can handle another serving. So I guess, the lesson here is simple: when eating at a buffet, don't be in a rush. Try to enjoy a little bit of everything first and then just come back to get those which you enjoyed best. Also, don't be shy to go back. It doesn't matter how many servings you get -- it is after all, a buffet.

I won't say NO to another buffet experience at The Bellevue. In the not so distant future, my wife and I would definitely try it again -- possibly with Lorenz. :-)

___________________

CONTACT DETAILS: 

Café d’Asie at The Bellevue
North Bridgeway, Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City

Philippines 1781
Tel:(632) 7718181 Fax: (632) 7718282

www.thebellevue.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment